Remote Method Invocation (Level II)
You are recommended to finish RMI level I tutorial before you start this level II tutorial.
This short tutorial has the following sections.
- Use different hosts and port numbers
- Create an activable object
- Migrate an existing remote object
- Parameters passing in RMI
- Customization with RMI
Betty felt so happy that she made her first RMI application work well. But she got some
doubts in her mind.
- If she wants to publish several remote objects and use different port number,
how to do that.
- The server seems running forever. If no clients use the mortgage calculator, the server wastes system resources.
- How the data pass through the network?
- How to customize RMI, so as to control the data transmission?
The following sections will help you clear these doubts.